Subject: RE: Study plans: comments to your changes
From: "Alejandro Escalona" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Svein M Skjaeveland'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 08:16:43 +0100

Thanks

If you need to decide on the electives, you may consider leaving one of the
Geo out and one of the reservoir out.

For the reservoir engineers perhaps the most relevant is MPG120

AE

________________________________________________
Dr. Alejandro Escalona
Associate Professor
Head of Petroleum Geosciences section
Department of Petroleum Engineering
University of Stavanger
4036 Stavanger, Norway
Ph: 47-51-832259

-----Original Message-----
From: Svein M Skjaeveland [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:36 PM
To: Alejandro Escalona \(2\)
Subject: RE: Study plans: comments to your changes

Alejandro,

Sylvia is now course responsible for MPE110. And MPG110 and MPG120 has
been added as electives for specialization Reservoir Engineering. I missed
that the first time around. However, I may have to fight to have 5
elective courses. Usually three is maximum. But, I will try to argue that
it is important to keep Reservoir Engineering and Geoscience close, as you
also mention.

Svein

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Alejandro Escalona \(2\) wrote:

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:47:20
From: "Alejandro Escalona \\(2\\)" <[email-masked]>
To: 'Svein M Skjaeveland' <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Study plans: comments to your changes

Svein

My only comments-changes are:

- Because Sylvia is the only of all professors that it is not course
responsible I thought that will be a good idea that she becomes the MPE110
responsible. In that ay she gets more involved. In that way all of the geo
permanent and part time staff have at least one course as a responsible.
Does this sound reasonable to you?

- I will suggest that you put MPG110 and MPG120 as recommended electives for
the reservoir specialization (pet master). In your web I do not see it nor
in your email. I did mention it on my previous email

Else, I think that is fine as now the geo courses are more integrated with
the eng. course which I think will be IPT strength.

AE

-----Original Message-----
From: Svein M Skjaeveland [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:37 PM
To: Alejandro Escalona
Cc: Udo Zimmermann; Nestor Cardozo
Subject: Study plans: comments to your changes

Alejandro,

I would like only a single name, the course responsible person, listed for
each course. In the course descriptions, to be submitted later, you may
include all lecturers for each course. I have selected the first name if
you have provided more than one name.

Otherwise, I have included all your suggestions.

Please check the three files

 master.txt                 30-Nov-2008 20:23  9.1K
 pe.bachelor.txt            30-Nov-2008 18:18  3.4K
 pg.bachelor.txt            30-Nov-2008 20:26  5.1K

at http://www.ux.uis.no/~s-skj/Studieplaner/2009/Planer.09-10/

Svein

--

--