Subject: RE: Courses
From: "Alejandro Escalona" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "'Svein M Skjaeveland'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:31:00 +0200

Anne-Karin

I do understand your point but unfortunately this is a dynamic problem. We
are in the process of opening a new study program, hiring people and
evaluating the existing program, so changes happen all the time and we need
to live with it.

I need some time to check the online version of the courses and also I
appreciate that you contact the responsible persons for each course, in
particular adjunct professors whom in general do not check their uis email
and do not have access to the intranet (I sent emails earlier)

AE  

____________________________________________
Dr. Alejandro Escalona
Head of Petroleum Geosciences section
Department of Petroleum Engineering
University of Stavanger
Stavanger, Norway
 
Ph: +47-51832259

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 6. mai 2009 08:56
To: Alejandro Escalona; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Courses

Please notice! 

Do only submit a final version of courses! It is just a pity and a complete
waist of time for me to register courses that are not final! I`ll remind you
of that this years revision autumn 2009 and spring 2010 will be "frozen" on
the internett 1st June 2009. 

I`ll also remind you of that it is not a problem to register courses that
will start next year i.e. autumn 2010, but then I demand a final cut of your
revised course. 

Also, I trust you when you submit a course to me, and expect it to be the
final version! How am I supposed to give an account of your courses, when
both of you don`t seem to as well. 

I`ll publish the link for revision ASAP!   

Best regards,
Anne-Karin Sivle Pettersen
----------------------------------------------------
Higher Executive Officer
Department of Petroleum Engineering
University of Stavanger

Phone: + 47 51 83 17 11
Fax: + 47 51 83 20 50

"Alejandro Escalona" <[email-masked]> 

05.05.2009 20:20 

To

<[email-masked]> 

cc

"'Udo Zimmermann'" <[email-masked]> 

Subject

Courses

 

Anne-karin 
  
As per our conversation regarding courses for the Fall2009-Spring2010
revision 
  
Courses to include in this year revision (Fall 2009- Spring 2010) 
MPG170 Geostatistics
------------------------------------------------------NEW (Bratvold) 
MPG150. Advance geology seminar 1----------------------------------Revision
(Udo) 
MPG130. Basin analysis and petroleum systems-----------------Revision
(Willy) 
MPG120. Reservoir geology and geophysics------------------------Revision
(Chris) 
MPG110. Advance subsurface interpretation methods------------Revision (AE) 
MPG100. Thesis
seminar---------------------------------------------------Revision (AE) 
MPG140. Seismic methods and subsurface applications------------Revision
(Arild) 
MPE110 Reservoir geology (this course has some changes)------------Revision
(Sylvia) 
BIP330 Geology (this course has some
changes)---------------------------revision (AE) 
BPG100 Sedimentology and stratigraphy (this course has some
changes)-------------Revision (Udo) 
BPG 130 Structural geology (this course has some
changes)--------------------------------revision (Nestor) 
BPG100 Sedimentology and stratigraphy for
engineers----------------------------------------New (Udo) 
BPGXXX Structural geology for
engineers------------------------------------------------------------New
(Nestor) 
BPG110 Geology seminar
I---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----revision (AE) 
BPG120 Geology seminar
2-------------------------------------------------------------------------Re
vision (Udo) 
  
MPG190 Advance geology seminar II is probably a mistake---this course does
not need to be created. The course is BPG120 or MPG150 Geology seminar 2 or
advance geology seminar I. Udo, please confirm? 

Courses to hold until further notice 
MPG160 Structural styles- Waiting for Ms approval. This course will be
merged with another course and become a 10 sp. Name will change as well. 
MPG180 Field methods. Waiting for Ms approval. This course will change name
and may become 10 sp 
  
Let me know if you have further questions. When will we be allowed to check
the courses online, before the system freezes? 
  
Tusen takk 
  
AE