Subject: JCR-VI Waterflood Characterization Project - Request for Proposal
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], Svein M Skjaeveland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:36:31 +0100

Evaluation of Waterflood Performance in Chalk Reservoirs

Task 1: Improved Log Interpretation Procedures

Kan vi lage et godt prosjektforlag her (se mail og vedlegg) ?

Sigmund
----- Forwarded by Sigmund Stokka/Ullandhaug/Rogalandsforskning on 28.01.02
12:32 -----
                                                                                                               
                    "Jim Howard"                                                                               
                    <howard@ppco.        To:     [email-masked]                                          
                    com>                 cc:                                                                   
                                         Subject:     JCR-VI Waterflood Characterization Project - Request for 
                    25.01.02             Proposal                                                              
                    15:47                                                                                      

Dear Dr. Stokka,

The Joint Chalk Research (JCR-VI) consortium is initiating a new phase of
operator-sponsored research on a variety of projects of timely interest to
the development of North Sea chalk reservoirs. You are invited to respond
to the attached request for proposals (RFP) for one task of the Waterflood
Performance project being developed for the next phase. The attached RFP
contains a detailed description of the task on Improved Log Interpretation
Procedures that was developed by the JCR sponsors to reduce the uncertainty
associated with water saturation measurements at endpoint conditions.

Please note that the deadline for submission of a proposal is 1 March,
2002. Proposals may be submitted electronically to the address listed
below. After the deadline contractors will be chosen and a final project
document developed. JCR sponsors will convene soon after the deadline to
finalize the entire JCR-VI program. During this process changes to the
waterflood performance project are possible, though not considered likely.
JCR-VI work is expected to begin during the second quarter 2002.

Guidelines for Proposal Submissions:

The waterflood performance project group, consisting of representatives
from Enterprise, Maersk, Phillips, and Norsk Hydro, spent a considerable
amount of time developing the description of intended work for this task on
Improved Log Interpretation Procedures. You are strongly encouraged to
respond to the objectives and deliverables specified. Proposals containing
tests or evaluations outside the scope of the provided description are
welcome. However, these must be clearly defined and all associated costs
separated from those of the specified work. The task can be subdivided into
two smaller projects that can be bid upon separately or together.
Consequently, you are asked to draft a proposal so that we have the ability
to clearly link together deliverables and costs from your proposal with
those from other contractors. This may entail, for example, responding to
this RFP on a deliverable-by-deliverable basis rather than lumping a group
of deliverables together under one cost item.

At a minimum, your proposal should include the following:

·    A list of the specific objectives and deliverables being addressed;
·    The specific tests or evaluations to be performed in order to address
the specified objectives or deliverables;
·    A detailed cost, including travel, documentation, and presentations at
meetings, for the work proposed;
·    A detailed timeline for the work (not in absolute time, but relative
to some starting date);
·    A list of personnel to work on the project; and
·    A detailed description of the intended results, documentation, or
other final deliverables from the work.

This RFP also includes cost estimates developed by the project group in an
effort to get a feel for the overall cost of the Improved Log
Interpretation Procedures task. These are estimates only; however, please
note that contractor costs will be one of the deciding issues for awarding
work under the Waterflood Performance project.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me in my
capacity as representative of the project group.

Sincerely,

(See attached file: JCR-6 Sorw Field Interp Proposal Final.doc)

James J. Howard
Phillips Petroleum Company
116 Geoscience Bldg
Bartlesville, OK  74004 USA
918.661.9575 (tel)
918.661.0691 (fax)
[email-masked]
(See attached file: JCR-6 Sorw Field Interp Proposal Final.doc)